Saturday 18 April 2009

question 1 part 4

1) Typography

I chose a  basic text font from finalcut and I used that to create the titles for my opening sequence. It is white text on a black background. It is simple, but effective. It also builds up some dramatic tension. I got the inspiration for this from the Hitman film, which was made in 2007. 


2) Transitions

I used fade in shots of the gun when the assassin is threatening the main character to create the intensity that the assassin is not messing around, and he won't hesitate when it comes to killing him. I took the inspiration of the fade in shot from Eden Lake, where fade-in shots are used frequently throughout the film. 



3) Narrative

Obviously, there is a lot of the story that is going to be told during the whole film, but the bit of narrative that propels the story forward in my opening sequence is when the main character tells the audience what's going on through narration. During the course of the film, there will be more narration. There aren't many action films that have narration, so I took my inspiration from Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging, which has frequent narration during the course of the film.


4) Costumes/ Props - There aren't many costumes or props during my opening sequence, so i  chose the costume that my main character is wearing as he walks down the corridor at school. It is meant to be his school uniform, but unbeknown to him, it is actually a non-school uniform day. I took the idea of his school uniform from the film Son of Rambow, where the school uniform also involves shirts and ties.









No comments: